Monday, November 3, 2008

Following your own heart

I am often asked, why I'm not wealthy, given my "intelligence" and why I'm not in a nice relationship.

And my answer to this question is: I'm not that intelligent, but I follow my own heart, which leads me to unexpected places. Sometimes I feel intensely alone and depressed, like today, but this is also when I call on God the loudest. And I know He is not far away, which gives me incredible strength and courage to go on following my own heart.

Sometimes I don't follow my own heart because I'm afraid that God will not deliver, and this is when I stumble, sometimes so terribly that I don't have the tears to define the pain, but I always find my way back with God's help.

And so, if you ask me, do I believe in God, do I have a religion, I will say yes, I believe in God, but I don't have a religion. I have a spiritual relationship with God.

No comments: